It has been a busy last few weeks. I have been able to get a few things accomplished on my tank car project. There are a few time-consuming details that I worked on. My plan is to finish these details and shoot a primer-sealer on the car frame so the rivet decals can be applied.
I have added poling pockets and grab irons to the end channel. The grab irons were formed from .0125″ phos bronze wire from Tichy. I like to work with this thin wire. It is strong and yields a delicate grab iron even after a couple coats of paint were applied. I used plastic castings to simulate grab iron ends. They are made from P-B-L in Ukiah, CA. They are listed as 1 PBL-111. You get 96 castings for $3.00.
I need to add stirups, brake wheel and retainer valve. These will be shown in the next installment along with painting and decal rivet application.
COMMENTS ABOUT BLOG TRAFFIC:
After seventeen months of blogging, I took a look at some of my blog statistics. I was pleased to see that the leading source is also one of the best blogs I have seen. The leading source of referrals is Trevor Marshall’s Port Rowan blog. http://themodelrailwayshow.com/cn1950s/
Trevor’s blog is informative and entertaining. I have learned a lot of layout building from his blog. Thank you Trevor!