This past week I have been working on my layout adding trackwork. I am finishing up a turnout and extending the line towards the East end of the room. Building turnouts is slow going but it takes patience. That is a commodity that I don’t have enough of at times. I am working with Code 100 rail, switch castings from American Switch and Signal, Grandt Line tie plates and Kemtron X-195 spikes.
The point assemblies are not spiked in yet. I made a couple of simple gage clamps to position while spiking. I also use the large brass block to keep the rail in place while spiking.
Progress is slow but it will be done in a few days. As you notice, I do sand and stain my ties and then add ballast before spiking the rail.
It won’t be long before I can start running trains.
I went back to the lift bridge and decided to beef up the rail attached at the lift section. The copper strips were purchased from Clover House. They are called “module interface PC ties” and the part number is #1276. I will be changing out the screws for a pan-head screw. Make sure you cut both copper surfaces before installing. I will paint the strips a tie color.
I will be adding an installment on the Wilson meat reefer and some work that Robert Leners is doing on his reefer projects.