The layout has been removed from my shop. It has been sad work over the last week. It took longer than planned since we have had home showings and a open house this past week. Nearly everything is packed up. My tools, parts and styrene are still accessible for a while. That means I can still doing some building.
I was able to “donate” a lot of the lumber to a fellow modeler who is building his On3 West Side Lumber Company.
At this point only the basic frame on one wall is left. After two showings today, I was able to dismantle more of the framework.
The last pieces came off this afternoon. Now to fill the holes and think about painting the walls…or not.
This may be my only attempt to build a layout. Time is not on my side. My new home will not have the same amount of space so I probably won’t try building another one. It was fun to learn new techniques for applying electrostatic grass and using real dirt for ground covering.
I did mention that the modeling stuff is still at hand so….I got to build something.
So I did a little cutting on styrene strip. I still have to add the “steel” tie rods. I have to build a steel centersill and bolsters when I can get some time.
Till next time.